Today’s government managers face increased expectations from citizens, businesses, elected officials, and employees. Pressed to provide services and information quickly and cost effectively, they are often saddled with legacy information systems that fail to provide an enterprise-wide view of government.
Many federal, state, and local agencies throughout the United States have installed some type of case management system. Their attempt to coordinate with other systems or centralize the information to provide a standard approach throughout a jurisdiction has not been successful due to the complexities of their existing legacy environment.
of legacy environments is the key focus for all agencies due to the pressures on high operations and maintenance costs, lack of qualified resources, and the focus on citizen services. As a result, modernizing the case management platform is also required.
Legacy case management applications provide the following key functionalities:
- Processing of workflow
- Storage of data
These functions are important from an application-specific point of view, but still lack the following abilities:
- Interoperability with legacy systems, due to lack of standards support and formats
- Dissemination of real-time information across boundaries
- Correlation of events and activities as they occur
- Co-existence in a heterogeneous environment
- Ability to support large volumes of data and users
- Processing of workflow
Modernization of legacy environments is the key focus due to the pressures on high operations and maintenance costs, lack of qualified resources, and the focus on citizen services. As a result, modernizing the case management platform is also required. An effective approach to case management should not be seen as the deployment of another application, but rather building a flexible platform for information sharing.
A modern Case Management focused on supporting agency goals translates into benefits that include:
- Effectively transforming information handling from collection and storage to actionable intelligence by identifying trends and causal relationships the human mind would otherwise miss.
- Increased collaboration among multiple users, departments, and agencies to examine cases’ current statuses, related documents, associated evidence, involved people, latest comments, etc.
- Increased ability to analyze caseloads, clearance rates, dispositions, and other management reports.
- Increased ability to measure current performance, detect potential bottlenecks, and plan upcoming resource requirements.
- Improved case clearance and management by integrating systems across regions and departments.
Trinity’s proposed and implemented solutions strive to achieve all the above mentioned benefits. Most of our solutions have been build using one of the following approaches.
- Custom web application that integrates data from different departments and provides a single point of information on all case related data. These applications are built to be flexible and scalable so that they can be extended to solve new requirements.
- Custom Dynamic CRM Application which has all the benefits of custom web applications and also reduces development time.
- An Enterprise Bus which integrates different legacy systems. This platform connects islands of information. It makes sure that data in all existing systems is accessible and gets shared where needed. It allows agencies to integrate multiple, heterogeneous data sources distributed across its own and partners enterprises using industry-standard interfaces and protocols.
Related Case Studies:
- Location-based Analytics for Health Care Providers trinitytechgroup 2017-04-27T13:19:19+00:00
- Custom, Expandable Grants Management Solution for Air Quality trinitytechgroup 2017-04-27T13:20:02+00:00
- Mapping Various Data Sources to a Single Centralized Data Warehouse trinitytechgroup 2017-04-27T13:45:50+00:00
- Meeting Regulatory Requirements with an Emissions Reporting and Calculating System trinitytechgroup 2017-04-27T13:22:40+00:00
- Scheduling and Tracking Dental Care for California’s Patient-Inmate Dental Health trinitytechgroup 2017-04-27T13:24:17+00:00
- Automating Security Regulations and Managing the Licensing Repository of Financial Organizations trinitytechgroup 2017-04-27T13:48:32+00:00